One of the main aims of Toxotis is to offer entertainment and relaxation to young people with special needs, therefore many of the activities are chosen by the members.
Our activities include:
- Physical Education/Exercise: We encourage our members to exercise and be active in general. It is essential for people with special needs to be involved with sports because exercise has a positive effect on their mental health. Their levels of competence and functionality increase, thus the feeling of self-confidence increases and they feel more active and valuable members of the society.
- Photography: It develops artistic expression and improves perception of visual elements.
- Gardening: Our members come in contact with the earth and develop the feeling of environmental responsibility.
- Cooking: Cooking helps our members be more independent and also increases their self-confidence since they are able to make a meal on your own.
- Art and crafts: Through these activities our members develop skills such as fine motor skills, eye and hand coordination and expression of emotions and creativity.
- Computers: Technology is an integral part of our world. Through the Computers lesson we aim to teach our members how to use computers as well as social media in a secure manner.
- Educational games: Games such as puzzles, UNO and other board games provide entertainment as well as development of creative thinking and organizational skills. These games help members deal with different situations, build teamwork and enhance cooperation, interaction and social skills.
- Money Management: Through this activity our members are able to perceive the value of money and they are able to independently make purchases. They know the price of the product they buy and whether to expect change and how much.
- Theater and dance: Through the art of theater and dance, role playing and choreographies, people with special needs are able to express their feelings, coordinate movements, improve their memory, come in contact with their bodies, and work with others people to achieve common and individual goals. Through collaboration with volunteers and the presentation of theatrical and dance shows to the general public, our members create social relationships and boost their self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Outings: Cinema, Coffee shops, shopping malls, etc.
- Recreation and educational visits
All activities are offered free of charge to members and volunteers. This includes all transport, tickets, etc.