The name “Toxotis” means archer in Greek which portrays our clear aim..
Toxotis Charitable Foundation was established by parents of persons with learning difficulties together with professionals that have many years of experience of educating and dealing with these persons.
We have created programmes that aim to help each individual to enrich their lives by using methodology which is appropriate for each of them.
By being a member of “Toxotis”, individuals with learning disabilities will surpass their current limits, reach their full personal potential, and dispel the stereotypical image of people with learning difficulties.
– Independence and induction of people with learning difficulties to the community. We encourage social interaction with society members, other than just the family members.
– Empower individuals with learning dissabilities to adopt a healthier lifestyle and participate in their community as active members.
– Increase awareness in the community of people with learning difficulties.
– Provide equal opportunities for independence, socialization and expression.
– Provide support to the families of individuals with learning disabilities.
Toxotis Charitable Foundation is a company limited by guarantee. It was recognised by the Cyprus Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism as a charitable foundation and has been permitted to remove the word “limited” from its name.
Toxotis was also approved by the Ministry of Finance as a charitable foundation meaning that all donations made by physical or legal person can be claimed against their Cyprus tax liability. A list of approved charitable foundations can be viewed on the website of the Ministry of Finance at www.mof.gov.cy/ird
Ioannis Demetriades FCCA TEP
Demetra Demetriadou LLB, ACA, BFP
Tax & Legal Director of an accountancy/audit firm.
Lawyer, Manager of a law firm
Teacher of primary education
Elena Papandreou, LLB TEP
Lawyer, Managing Director of a Law Firm
All board members offer their services to the foundation free of charge.